We use Chartwells Catering to provide our school meals service. Cooked meals, including a vegetarian option, are prepared daily in our kitchen and children are offered a choice of main courses and puddings. Salad and fruit are always available. School lunches, both cooked and packed lunches, are eaten in the school hall.
Chartwells menus include the best quality and freshest ingredients, sourced directly from growers and producers, ensuring they can maintain a robust supply chain and have complete traceability from the field to the plate.
- The cost of a school dinner is £2.30
- If your child has 4 meals in a week, they will get a free meal on Friday, making the total cost of a week's lunches £9.20
- Please send dinner money every Monday morning, in a named envelope.
- Please make cheques payable to Southerly Point Co-operative Multi Academy Trust
- Please do not include money for other things with the dinner money.
School meals are provided to all children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 free of charge. For older children Free School Meals are available to children whose parents are in receipt of:
- Income Support
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit, with an annual income of no more than £16,190
- Guarantee element of State pension Credit
- Support under part VI of Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 (IAA)
It’s important to register for entitlement to free school meals, even if your child has a packed lunch – this is so we can receive additional funding (called the pupil premium) which we can use to help your child.
For more information on Free School Meals please telephone : 0300 1234100
Click here for the results of the Chartwells Parent Survey 2014-15.
Packed lunches should be in a secure named container. No sweets are allowed – instead, we encourage lots of fruit or vegetables. Water is available for all children. However, your child can bring their own drink in a non-breakable container – please avoid fizzy drinks.
If you are stuck for ideas on what to put in your child's packed lunch, download our guide to Healthy Packed Lunches.