We take great care in our safeguarding procedures at Manaccan School.
- All adults, staff and volunteers, who work unsupervised with children have undergone an Enhanced DBS Check. (For more information on what this means, visit the Government website here)
- Access for all parents and visitors is by buzzed entry through the front door
- Visitors are required to come to the office and sign the visitor’s book
- Parents are asked not to go into classrooms during the day
- Fire drills are carried out each term and the Governing Body takes on the responsibility of regular security audits
Manaccan takes Child Protection issues very seriously.
- A copy of our Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy can be viewed by clicking on the link below.
- Staff and Partners in Learning receive regular training in this area to fully develop their understanding
- Children in care are closely monitored by class teachers, and the Child Protection Officer, and the school works hard to establish positive links with those agencies involved with supporting such children.
Keeping Children Safe Contact List
Everyone who comes into contact with our schools, staff, pupils, parents, directors, volunteers or visitors, has a responsibility to act if they are concerned or worried about the safety and/or welfare of a child.
If you are concerned about a child please contact one of the Designated Safeguarding Leads (DSL) below or, in the absence of the Cover Officer, Lisa Newberry (Executive Headteacher).
Coverack - Pauline Turner (Lead Teacher) - 01326 280529
Manaccan - Claude Martin (Lead Teacher) - 01326 231431
St. Keverne - Demelza Keens (Lead Teacher) - 01326 280539
Please click on the policy below for more information on Safeguarding.
We are able to provide facilities in school for the treatment of minor injuries. However, in some cases it may be necessary to send a pupil to hospital for treatment. It is essential that parents leave an emergency telephone number with the school so that they can be contacted without delay.
Please let us know if your child suffers from any allergies.
We MUST be informed of Measles, German Measles, Mumps, Headlice, Ringworm, Impetigo, Chickenpox, Whooping Cough and Swine Flu immediately.
With regard to head lice please help us by checking your child’s head regularly.
Medicines will only be dispensed by members of the staff of the school if parents have signed a parental agreement form, available from the school office, and provided the medicine for their child.